National and international statistics suggest that all organisations will have team members who are struggling with their mental health. Research also confirms that affected individuals will develop difficulties in performing their role to the required standard. Due to the continued stigma associated with mental health, many employees choose to remain silent about their conditions for fear of discrimination. However, the same studies concur that once a mental health condition is diagnosed, with help and treatment, the same employees will thrive at work.
The HSE clearly recommends in their ‘First aid needs assessment’ that organisations “should consider ways to manage mental ill health in your workplace which are appropriate for your business, such as providing information or training for managers and employees, appointing mental health trained first aiders and implementing employee support programmes.”
Automotive Minds are delighted to offer the following certified training programmes, tailored to the automotive industry, in either a physical or virtual setting:
- Level 1 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health – This 4 hour qualification is recommended for all employees in non-managerial/supervisory roles. It will provide learners with the knowledge of what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions, how to identify mental health conditions and the role of a first aider for mental health. Furthermore, learners will gain the confidence to start a supportive conversation around mental health and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help. Finally, the course will enable learners to recognise the signs of stress and provide coping strategies.
- Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health – This 6 hour qualification is recommended for all dealership managers, supervisors, and support function managers. It will provide learners with the knowledge of what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions, how to identify mental health conditions, understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health and the role of a first aider for mental health. Furthermore, learners will gain the confidence to start a supportive conversation around mental health and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help. The course will enable learners to recognise the signs of stress and provide coping strategies. Finally, they will be provided with a first aid action plan for mental health, be able to use it and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in their workplace.
- Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health – This 12 hour qualification is recommended for all general managers, senior managers and dealership/head office First Aid for Mental Health champions. Learners will be provided with the knowledge to understand and recognise a wider range of mental health disorders and the support/therapy provided by professional health care providers. They will gain the confidence to start a supportive conversation around mental health and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help. The course will enable learners to recognise the signs of stress and provide coping strategies. Finally, they will be provided with a first aid action plan for mental health, be able to use it and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in their workplace.
Our courses are designed to provide learners with an increased knowledge on mental health, how to identify when a person may have a mental health condition and where their colleague can find the appropriate professional help and support. Learners are not qualified to diagnose or treat any condition; this can only be done by registered healthcare professionals.
Automotive Minds Mental Health in the Workplace Partnership
In line with our principle to engage and develop long-term meaningful relationships with our clients and our ambition to reduce the stigma associated with mental health conditions, we are proud to offer our Mental Health in the Workplace Partnership. Our purpose is to professionally develop and care for the minds of people who work in the automotive industry and this programme allows us to fulfil that promise. Working with your leadership team we will:
- Help to develop a mental health in the workplace policy that provides your employees with the confidence to speak openly about their mental health.
- Deliver our Level 1, 2, and 3 training programmes to all employees.
- Deliver Mindfulness Workshops for up to 16 delegates monthly.
- Design and provide Mental Health and Wellbeing campaigns monthly.
- Design and provide ‘toolbox talks’ to your First Aid Mental Health Champions – A Tool Box Talk is a great way to deliver information on mental health, raise awareness, help staff to support each other and get conversations started.
- Provide 25 licences for our E-Learning Sales Management Programme.
- Provide 50 licences for our E-Learning Selling Excellence Programme designed for sales consultants.
Mindfulness is a compelling life discipline that enables learners to adopt an empowered mindset and activate their ability to make wise decisions that are based on fact, rather than emotion. The practice of mindfulness (mindful self-awareness) is something that individuals from all walks of life can benefit from – being able to carefully consider a situation in a controlled manner before acting is a highly attractive attribute of character and maturity.
Our workshops are particularly useful to those on the journey of personal development and growth, as they provide pragmatic principles and practical techniques to overcome negative thoughts and feelings, in a way that is lasting, sustainable, and holistic. Learning how to apply mindfulness can be one of the most significant investments a person can make into their personal and professional growth. Our workshops will guide you step-by-step through how to make mindfulness a way of life so you can reap the benefits of having a realistic outlook on life and business.
What you will learn:
- pragmatic life-transforming mindfulness-based principles that you can use in your personal life, career, or relationships right away.
- to make peace with your inner vocabulary and strengthen your ability to listen deeply to become a more discerning and empathic communicator.
- how to become more reflective on your beliefs, including your values, perspectives, and emotional triggers.
- how to help other people understand and modify the unhelpful patterns of behaviour and thinking that often equate to unintended and undesired life outcomes.
- how consistently practising mindfulness and growing in self-awareness can enable people to live more empowered and autonomous lifestyles.
- understand the core motivations and common mindless assumptions that underpin most patterns of unhelpful and habitual behaviour.